• January 17-18: Midland, Michigan: Spiritual Care Conference. Midland Evangelical-Free Church, 7221 N. Jefferson Ave. Midland, MI. Soul Injury, Forgiveness, Soul Restoration, PTSD, Caregiver’s Ceremony. For more information e-mail Julie Hart at Julie.Hart@midmichigan.org
• February 5-9: San Francisco, California
• February 19-22: Tampa, Florida. Soul Injury Leadership Training.
• February 21: Fallen Comrade Ceremony at Franciscan Center 3010 N Perry Ave, Tampa, FL 33603
Have you served in a dangerous-duty Military or First Responder assignment that caused your soul to be bruised or wounded? Do you suffer from guilt or shame over things you think you should or should not have done? Are you the family member of a Veteran or First Responder who has experienced SOUL INJURY? Are you a civilian or citizen who wants to help our nation heal from the aftermath of war and violence? Are you a clinician who wants to assess and respond to SOUL INJURIES?
It is not too late to heal the wounds of war. Unmourned loss from fallen comrades and unforgiven guilt and shame is a gaping hole in our society that can subtly and not-so-subtly rob Veterans and First Responders of their vitality. Family members of Veterans and First Responders are also affected; their wounds, too, often go unnoticed and untended. Complicating matters further is the gap in healthcare that fails to identify and intervene with SOUL INJURIES. Furthermore, civilians and citizens may not recognize their responsibility in supporting the reintegration of Veterans and First Responders.
A ceremony has now been developed for Veterans and First Responders, their families, healthcare providers, civilians and citizens to help Veterans and First Responders, and their families lay their burdens down. Unmourned losses and unforgiven guilt can find safe sanctuary so there can be peace…at last.
• March 15-16: Easton, Maryland.
• March 23-24: Atlanta, Georgia
• April 6: Clearwater, Florida. St. Petersburg College. Narrowing the Gulf Conference
• April 10-11: Madison, Wisconsin. Soul Injury, Liberating Unmourned Loss, Forgiveness, Fallen Comrade Ceremony.
• May 7-10: Tampa, Florida. Soul Injury Leadership Training
The Hero Within
:What do churches, civic groups, book clubs, community associations, and prisons have in common? They have used Deborah’s book, The Hero Within, Redeeming the Destiny We Were Born To Fulfill, as a guide for creating and achieving pervasive, personal peace. Deborah provides clear, practical, and meaningful perspectives based on the hospice care she provided to more than 10,000 dying people: “Everything I know about living, I learned from the dying.” These insights are shared in simple, powerful ways that not only provide insight, but tools for personal growth and healing:
-“I keep this book at my bedside now and reference it frequently.”
-“I wish I would have known about this book years ago. It would have saved me a lot of heartache.”
-“Sharing the concepts within a community was simply awesome.”
Sharing stories in a small community of trustworthy people, remind us that we belong to one another and that we can help each other. Stories connect us to each other and ourselves. Don’t miss this opportunity for new vistas that will awaken your interior hero. Contact us and we will help you start an 8-week Book Circle. Deborah will even join you via phone for one of them!