• May 6, 2016. Soul Restoration Caregiver Workshop. St. Petersburg College, 8:30A – 4:00P. 6 CEs. Contact Robinson.Lanona@spcollege.edu for more information.
• May 13: Kenton, Ohio. St John’s Evangelical Church, 211 E. Carrol St.
Soul Injury Seminar: 9AM-4:15PM. $15 (includes lunch). Contact Scott Johnson for information and registration: 571-420-8758
Conference designed for anyone working with people who have experienced trauma: veterans, hospice workers, doctors and nurses, educators, first responders, social workers, counselors, pastors, nursing home administrators and staff, hospital administrators, therapists, funeral home directors, and those fighting sex trafficking. Attendees will learn how “soul injuries” cut us off from the energy of our deepest self, robbing us of the essence of our being.
• May 14: Kenton, Ohio. St John’s Evangelical Church, 211 E. Carrol St.
9AM – 4PM Soul Injury Restoration Workshop (donation, includes luncheon). Contact Scott Johnson for information and registration: 571-420-8758.
This workshop offers an experience of healing for traumatized people and their families. Its 3-dimensional design provides education for the mind, safety for the heart, and courage to develop a new relationship with weariness in the soul. Participants will learn how to re-own and re-home scattered pieces of self by cultivating personal intimacy with the part of self carrying emotional pain. Connecting with the part of self generating the pain, paradoxically, restores wholeness. Facilitation will also include a physician, Dr. Abi Katz, and secondary trauma specialist Kathy Van Pelt.
Friday conference & Saturday workshop are independent; you can attend either day or both days.
• June 1-2, 2016. Washington DC. Easter Seals.
• July 27-28. New Orleans, Louisiana. State Hospice Conference.
• September 9: National Soul Injury Awareness Webinar.
• September 20: Phoenix, AZ. Hospice of the West Educational Forum. Contact Rhea.Go-Coloma@hospicewestaz.com for more information.
• September 23: Jacksonville Florida, Community Hospice Veterans Partnership Conference
• October 6: Gulf Shores, Alabama. Alabama Hospice & PC Conference. Perdido Beach Resort. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• October 17-18: Nashville, Tennessee. Soul Injury workshop.
• October 19-20: Madison, Wisconsin. Pyle Center.
• October 31: NHPCO conference. Hollywood, Florida.
• Oct. 31-November 3: Tampa, Florida. Soul Injury Leadership Training. Email Pat@OpusPeace.org to register.
• November 9:Southern California Hospice Foundation presents Soul Injury with Deborah Grassman. Email email@example.com for more information.
The Hero Within
:What do churches, civic groups, book clubs, community associations, and prisons have in common? They have used Deborah’s book, The Hero Within, Redeeming the Destiny We Were Born To Fulfill, as a guide for creating and achieving pervasive, personal peace. Deborah provides clear, practical, and meaningful perspectives based on the hospice care she provided to more than 10,000 dying people: “Everything I know about living, I learned from the dying.” These insights are shared in simple, powerful ways that not only provide insight, but tools for personal growth and healing:
-“I keep this book at my bedside now and reference it frequently.”
-“I wish I would have known about this book years ago. It would have saved me a lot of heartache.”
-“Sharing the concepts within a community was simply awesome.”
Sharing stories in a small community of trustworthy people, remind us that we belong to one another and that we can help each other. Stories connect us to each other and ourselves. Don’t miss this opportunity for new vistas that will awaken your interior hero. Contact us and we will help you start an 8-week Book Circle. Deborah will even join you via phone for one of them!