“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” These words uttered by anthropologist, Margaret Mead, are the cornerstone for the movement that Opus Peace has begun so that awareness about Soul Injury is heightened and measures to address it are provided. Opus Peace invites you to consider becoming an ambassador so that you can help us do that. Webster’s dictionary defines “ambassador” as: “a messenger with a special mission.” We hope that you allow yourself to become an inspired messenger bringing hope and healing for the soul injuries that most of us sustain at one time or another throughout our lifetime.
Interested in Becoming a Change Agent in Your Own Life and in the Lives of Others?
Be a Leader. Your community will thank you. Become an Opus Peace Soul Injury Ambassador in your community and help raise public awareness of Soul Injury throughout the nation! Soul Injury Ambassadors are volunteers who help Opus Peace advance its mission of responding to soul injury by restoring personal wholeness that has been scattered by self-disregard, heartache, chronic illness, neglect, abuse, trauma, death, and war.
Soul Injury Ambassadors promote the Soul Injury message through a variety of community-based activities such as identifying and reaching out to those who have been affected by Soul Injury; working to increase individual and organizational awareness of their responsibility to care for those who have suffered trauma and their personal and professional caregivers.
Soul Injury Ambassadors are given the tools, resources, and skills needed to advance the mission of Opus Peace and promote the Soul Injury message through individual and group activities. Ambassadors are expected to participate in or provide at least two annual Opus Peace activities such as:
Soul Injury Ambassador Activities Examples
• Wear an “Ask Me about Soul Injury” button (we will provide) for a month, engaging people in a meaningful dialogue on the topic.
• Cultivate a “Book Buddy” or host a “Book Circle” based on Peace at Last: Stories of Hope and Healing for Veterans and Their Families and The Hero Within: Redeeming the Destiny We Were Born to Fulfill by Deborah Grassman.
• Facilitate ongoing “Soul to Soul” Café gatherings at a local restaurant, or other public facility or agency. We will supply you with intriguing topics that will draw interest.
• Turn one of your social gatherings into a meaningful event by presenting a slide show on Soul Injury to your friends and neighbors.
• Host or sponsor a community event such as a Fallen Comrade Ceremony, Compassionate Caregiver Ceremony, or a Soul Injury® Ceremonial Workshop.
• Become an approved SI Leadership Ambassador. SI Leadership Ambassadors must attend a 4-day Opus Peace Leadership Training to gain skills and knowledge and participate in an additional 12 months of mentoring to become an approved SI Leadership Ambassador.
Soul Buddy Birther
• Soul Buddies are constructed and birthed by loving hands and hearts. If sewing is your gift, we need your help and can provide instructions and encouragement for this important work.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant
• Data entry
• Host Opus Peace fundraising events in your community
• Encourage donations to Opus Peace
• Make a one-time or sustaining donation to Opus Peace
There is no cost to become an Opus Peace Soul Injury Ambassador. There is a registration fee to attend the Opus Peace Leadership Training.
Opus Peace takes your ambassadorship seriously because our dream of restoring wholeness to people with soul injuries will be fulfilled by you. If you are interested in learning more about becoming an Opus Peace ambassador to heal the wounds of Soul Injury, use the “contact us” tab or email Naomi@OpusPeace.org. We can answer questions, give you information, provide you with an application, supply you with the materials you need, link you with our ambassador network, and provide you with ongoing tools and training.
OPUS PEACE Soul Injury Ambassador Program